Suffolk County Employment & Hiring Resources
As an employer, there’s a wealth of resources at your fingertips. The Suffolk County Labor Department, in conjunction with the Suffolk County IDA, encourages businesses to use the Labor’s Career & Talent Portal along with our Business Services Unit to help you meet your employment goals!
SCNYForward: Career & Talent Portal
- One-Stop Source for Community-Based Recruiting – SCNY Forward aggregates all jobs employers post online. Reaches residents directly as well as our partners at local high schools, BOCES, colleges, and library career counselors.
- Custom Recruitment – By creating a profile account, we can provide custom recruitment by population type geography, education/credential, or experience (example: Veterans in a three-mile radius with mechanical training).
- Analyze Labor Market Data – Employers can access real-time analysis of the local and state labor market.
- Education & Training – The tool helps identify local education and training programs related to open occupations.
Suffolk County Business Services Unit
- Customized hiring events – Serving as a central point for reaching local educational institutions, community organizations as well as local jobseekers, our Business Services team will facilitate virtual or in-person hiring events. In addition to broad outreach, we offer strategic recruitment of specific populations (Veteran, Minority, Women, Disabled, Justice Involved) or skill clusters (manufacturing, healthcare, hospitality, technology).
- On the Job Training (OJT) – Hiring talent new to your specific industry often requires specialized training that can only take place on the job. The Business Service Unit can help identify and align training needs with funding for incumbent workers or new workers on the job training (OJT).