Suffolk IDA COVID-19 Resources
COVID-19 has interrupted our way of life and presented an unprecedented challenge to our world. Suffolk County is working tirelessly and in lockstep with Nassau County and New York State to do everything possible to help support businesses in our region during these times.
The Suffolk IDA, Empire State Development, and numerous stakeholders have outlined up-to-date guidance and resources for all relevant constituents. The situation is changing by the hour, but the Suffolk IDA is committed to providing necessary messages and information for businesses. The links below are a list of resources to help businesses get through the COVID-19 pandemic.
In addition to the responses from local governments and agencies, there have been inspiring and heartwarming stories of both Long Island residents and businesses helping one another. Collaborative support from the community will continue to be vital throughout these trying times. Please check back here frequently and reach out to Tony Catapano, Executive Director, and Kelly Morris, Deputy Executive Director if you have any questions.
- On www.suffolkcountyny.gov/bru you can find: Business Impact Survey, Suffolk County’s Business Recovery Plan, Information on Suffolk County’s Business Recovery Unit, Operational Restrictions/Closures for Employers, Employer Resources, Workforce Support Links
- Suffolk County has created an Economic & Workforce Impact Survey to help capture the monetary loss to businesses and workers. It is important to ensure that we include the great damages that our small businesses and their workers are sustaining. If possible, please encourage small business owners in your distribution lists to complete the survey online here or by calling 311 and asking for the Business Recovery Unit. Suffolk County’s Business Recovery Unit (BRU) has a dedicated email and phone line for businesses to ask questions and provide data on needs and impacts as a result of the event. Please contact the BRU at: Business.email@example.com or by dialing 311.
- For the latest information and frequent updates on COVID-19 from New York State Empire State Development, please visit: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home
- Submission form from New York State Empire State Development for COVID-19-related business questions: https://esd.ny.gov/covid-19-help
- From New York State Empire State Development: Businesses deemed essential and who do not have to comply with the 100% workforce reduction: https://esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026
- Businesses unsure if they are included within exempt categories but still believe they are providing essential services or functions can request a waiver from these reductions by completing the online form available at
- New York Attorney General COVID-19 Application For Suspension Of Debt Collection Activity: https://ag.ny.gov/covid-19-debt-suspension-application
- International Economic Development Council Resources for Economic Development Planning and Recovery: https://restoreyoureconomy.org/index.php?src=blog&srctype=detail&blogid=333
- For business information and unemployment insurance and benefits, please visit NYS DOL’s website: https://www.labor.ny.gov/home/
- Sign up for the latest COVID-19 updates from New York State: https://now.ny.gov/pag
- To apply for funding from the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Economic Impact Disaster Loan on the SBA website: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Account/Register1 or check your eligibility: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Declarations/DeclarationDetails?declNumber=6063499&direct=fal
- For all updates from SBA and information on small business loans, please visit: https://www.sba.gov/ & https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
- For more information on SBA Disaster Loans, please visit ESD’s presentation on SBA Disaster Loans https://esd.ny.gov/sites/default/files/COVID-19%20SBA%20Disaster%20Loans%203.20.20%20FINAL.pdf and the New York Declaration 16363 Fact Sheet.https://esd.ny.gov/sites/default/files/NY-16346-EIDL-Fact-Sheet.pdf
- For all updates from the CDC and interim guidance for employers and small businesses, please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/ & https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fspecific-groups%2Fguidance-business-response.html
- Workforce Development Institute is also actively trying to assist business throughout these difficult times. To learn more: https://wdiny.org/
- Please visit HIA-LI’s website for updates and assistance for businesses through COVID-19: https://www.hia-li.org/
- The LIA is helping Long Island and its businesses get through COVID-19. Please visit or contact them by visiting: https://www.longislandassociation.org/