Why Suffolk County
Businesses are thriving in Suffolk County. From a fast growing life science sector, to a renaissance in manufacturing to an award-winning craft beverage industry, diverse industries are finding all they need to succeed here in Suffolk County, NY. Our top-flight workforce, access to the world’s financial capital and unparalleled quality of life create a unique value proposition that makes Suffolk the nation’s premier live, work and play destination.
Contact us today to see how we can help make Suffolk work for your business.
A Message From Steve Bellone, County Executive
Welcome to the Suffolk County Industrial Development Agency website. We understand that for a region to thrive, it must have a vibrant and growing business sector.
In Suffolk County, we have made a commitment to an innovation economy by supporting cutting-edge technologies, industry sectors such as life sciences, and the revival of manufacturing across the region.
A major initiative we have put in place to support the innovation economy and long-term economic progress is our Connect Long Island Economic Development Plan. This public/private initiative targets critical regional transportation, housing and lifestyle issues that are vital for sustainable economic growth and the attraction and retention of a diversified workforce.
5 Major Components of Our Connect Long Island Plan:
- Emphasize transit-oriented development—downtowns with diversified living options that are accessible to public transportation with amenities attractive to varied age populations.
- Expand rail transportation of the Long Island Rail Road—Long Island’s mass transit rail system—to enhance access across Long Island as well as to New York City.
- Develop north-south mass transit connections across Suffolk County for greater accessibility.
- Enhance connections to the county’s research and educational institutions.
- Create enhanced transit connections between the county’s recreational assets (award-winning beaches, parks, golf courses, etc.) and the county’s downtown hubs.
We believe the positive outcomes already achieved with Connect Long Island, as well as those still to come, are major advantages that our county offers businesses.
With easy access to New York City at significantly lower operational costs, a diverse labor pool, and a quality of life we believe is unsurpassed anywhere in the country—Suffolk County offers everything your business needs to succeed. I encourage you to contact our IDA economic development professionals to learn how we can help your business thrive in Suffolk County.